Developing Strategies and Communicating Value to Ensure Optimal Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement
The core objective of market access is to ensure that all appropriate patients who would benefit from a new product get rapid and maintained access to the new treatment, at the right price. This is done by demonstrating the clinical and economic value of an authorized product in order to obtain optimal reimbursement.
Payers (non-clinical budget holders) are now major decision makers in pharmaceutical reimbursement. Meeting a clinical trial endpoint and gaining a product license is not always a guarantee of success. National and regional healthcare budget holders can ask additional questions in areas such as: cost-effectiveness, comparative clinical effectiveness, competitive rationalization, and budget optimization. Unlimited healthcare budgets and cost containment strategies drive the need for a compelling market access strategy and value proposition in order to secure optimal reimbursement.
Our Strategic Market Access (SMA) team has the expertise to design relevant and impactful evidence-based strategies for optimal market access of your product. Our consultants are experts in developing pricing and reimbursement strategies, payer value propositions, value dossiers, Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions, evidence generation plans, value communication tools, and conducting strategic and systematic literature reviews. We engage with payers to validate our proposed strategies and value propositions to ensure that they resonate with reimbursement agencies and budget holders at all levels of global health systems.
A Comprehensive Strategic Market Access Solution
- Crafting strategic and logical payer or stakeholder value propositions
- Developing and testing evidence-based value messages to support the value propositions
- Designing value summary slide decks and objection handlers
- Developing global value dossiers (GVDs) which can be adapted to local/regional reimbursement dossiers
- Compiling all relevant evidence highlighting product value in a comprehensive, easy-to-navigate HTA or formulary (AMCP) submission document to gain market access
- Developing interactive evidence compendia
- Conducting pricing and reimbursement / HTA landscape assessments
- Performing evidence gap analysis and providing research recommendations
- Developing market access strategies for product positioning
- Providing insights for compelling payer evidence packages
- Designing a payer SWOT analysis
- Coordinating and facilitating payer advisory boards
- Conducting in-depth payer interviews
- Developing briefing books to inform advisors and/or to support (scientific) discussions with HTA authorities
- Conducting workshops for product positioning and mock payer negotiations with global teams and country affiliates
- Performing systematic literature reviews as per HTA requirements
- Conducting targeted literature reviews to provide strategic insights on burden of illness, epidemiology, treatment landscape, unmet needs, or other topics
- Conducting systematic literature reviews evaluating clinical evidence to assess network meta-analysis feasibility
- Development and submission of manuscripts
- Preparing abstracts and conference presentations
- Developing white papers
- Designing flash cards and other conference tools
- Creating dashboards and interactive tools
Our strategic market access experts are actively involved in the field. We have the experience needed to provide comprehensive strategic market access solutions.