Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is seeking an experienced and talented Web Application Developer to support our custom application development practice in Bethesda, MD. Tired of building traditional websites and applications? Want to leverage your skills to work on interesting interactive visualizations and data analysis tools that help scientists communicate their research? We invite you to join our team!
Reporting to the Application Development Manager within the Modeling and Meta-Analysis Center of Excellence, the Web Application Developer will be responsible for executing client development projects and supporting the standardization of development practices, as well as the implementation of a web-based platform for securely delivering client dashboards and data analysis tools.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate interest in health science and creating visual data-oriented applications; a solid understanding of user-centered design; and specific hands-on experience designing, programming, and maintaining fully functional web applications.
Major responsibilities include:
- Design and program web-based interactive dashboards and data-driven analysis tools to enhance the communication and distribution of client health economics and outcomes research.
- Recommend solutions that best meet client project needs and execute projects with firm adherence to client budgets and timelines.
- Support the standardization and continuous innovation of application development practices in collaboration with the Application Development Manager and client-specific project teams.
- Support the implementation of a web-based platform for securely delivering client dashboards and analysis tools.
- 5 years of progressive experience developing web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems. Candidates with specific application development experience and a bachelor’s degree in related fields such as UX/interaction design or special certifications (e.g. web development bootcamps) will also be considered.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and full-stack web development.
- Experience implementing Web Services (e.g. REST, SOAP, GraphQL) and working with JSON and XML.
- Familiarity with the Vue.js framework, Google Firebase, or similar cloud-based services, as well as experience implementing or maintaining content management systems are a definite plus.
- Candidates should also know SQL and be able to configure cloud-based services, web servers, and DNS settings.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—Strategic Market Access, Modeling and Meta-Analysis, Patient-Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence and Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach by merging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, RWE, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
If you are seeking an environment where:
- Effort, expertise, and efficiency will be directly proportional to professional growth
- Curiosity is encouraged
- Building and honing new skillsets is supported through mentorship and training
We invite you to explore Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company!
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with Web Application Developer MMA in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.