OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
OPEN Health Values
We embrace and respect our different perspective and strengths
We nurture an open, caring and collaborative community
We support, encourage and empower the team and the individual
We love what we do, because it really matters
We inspire our clients and one another with our passion and proficiency
We do things the right way, with pride and integrity
We drive innovation through curiousity and resourcefulness
We constantly endeavor to find opportunities to excel
We learn from experience and strive for brilliance in everything we do
You will love this role if you:
- Are committed to exceptional strategic market access (SMA) projects that delight our clients and strengthen the relationship
- Thrive at the intersection of creativity and scientific/technical rigor to solve important market access puzzles
- Rise to the unique challenge in every proposal you craft to meet our clients’ global and multidisciplinary needs
- Serve as key contributor in the delivery of innovative market access solutions while driving the growth of the team
- Want to become part of a well-established, yet ambitious global team of strategic market access experts
- Are keen to mentor and teach junior team members to support their professional development
You will be a success if you:
- Understand the changing landscape of pharmaceutical market access
- Understand the continuum of outcomes projects across RWE, SMA, Modeling and PCO
- Possess scientific leadership and demonstrate delivery excellence across a wide variety of therapeutic areas and have a deep understanding of SMA projects (including HTA dossier development, value communication (global value dossiers, objection handlers), systematic literature reviews, market access strategy development, payer research, and competitive landscape assessment)
- Design, sell, execute, and communicate projects that delight the client and deepen the relationship
- Have exceptional account and project management expertise in the market access or HEOR consultancy setting
- Have a solid understanding of operational best practices for project delivery
- Contribute, create and collaborate to a positive and upbeat work environment
- Support the business strategies, metrics and objectives of the SMA team, all of which align with overall company goals
- Lead internal project teams by participating in meetings and being responsible for the completion of client reports, presentations, tools, delivered on time and on budget
- Guide, direct and contribute to market access projects across a wide variety of therapeutic areas – including value communication tools, systematic literature reviews, landscape assessments, evidence generation planning, pricing and reimbursement assessments, and market access strategy development
- Collaborate cross functionally to partner with RWE, Modeling and Patient Centered Outcomes teams
- Serve as primary point of contact and partner with clients for project deliverables to ensure client satisfaction
- Participate with senior team in developing project proposals that address client needs including approach, design, scope, and overall project plan.
- Serve as mentor/manager for junior team members to support professional and personal development
What you will bring:
- 6+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical market access with a consulting company or pharmaceutical company
- Master’s degree or PhD in pharmacy, biomedical sciences, health economics, medicine, public health, health policy, epidemiology or any other related sciences
- Documented track record in the design and implementation of SMA
- Experience of leading project teams, which may be local or globally based
- Prior experience in writing proposals, responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Strong analytical, writing and organizational skills that include the ability to prepare and present summaries of complex materials
- The ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within OPEN Health and with external stakeholders
- Superior communication skills and the ability to question the status quo
- A demonstrated capability to be proactive, responsive, and able to balance shifting priorities to ensure that promises are kept and expectations are exceeded
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office
Reasons to join OPEN Health
People are at the heart of our business. Without our incredibly talented people we couldn’t offer our clients the world-class service they have come to expect. We know how important it is to support, develop, reward and encourage.
See more reasons to join us »
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Senior Scientist SMA in the subject line. OPEN Health provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.