OPEN Health is a family of expert practices working in partnership to drive positive change in medical communications and market access, globally. Our journey began with a vision to improve the lives of patients worldwide. This vision has become a reality with the integration of experts from Pharmerit and Peloton Advantage to create a new unique entity equipped to be a global leader in HEOR, market access, advertising, medical communications, and digital services. Together, we have grown to over 700 people in 15 locations across 6 countries including the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, India and China.
What makes us unique is our deeply integrated practices that work collaboratively to bring the strategic and technical expertise needed to be a solid partner to our clients. Combined with our broad scope of therapeutic expertise, we produce results and solutions that are of the highest quality. OPEN Health prides itself on having a highly skilled, diverse and connected team working across the globe to deliver truly innovative and best-in-class solutions. This has resulted in long-term, flexible partnerships that span across multiple brands and therapy areas.
We take responsibility for our work, conduct and environment
We actively seek to collaborate and become part of the client team
We pride ourselves on high standards and expect them from each other
We challenge convention and constantly find innovative solutions
You will love this role if you:
- Are committed to exceptional PCO projects and can pivot from the strategic to hands on
- Derive a sense of accomplishment when a study is executed on time and within budget
- Believe time spent on data analysis and programming is time well spent
- Enjoy partnering with clients in advancing evidence-based decision-making increasing access to healthcare
- Are committed to mentoring and fostering professional development for your team
- Want to have a tangible impact of the growth of OPEN Health
- Thrive in a changing work environment and can lead by influence and example
You will be a success if you:
- Have contributed to psychometric validations of Clinical Outcomes Assessment
- Understand the regulatory framework governing COA submissions
- Have worked in partnering with qualitative teams
- Have a deep understanding of operational best practices for data collection in PCO settings
- Design, execute, and communicate PCO projects that delight clients and deepen the relationship
The Senior Scientist will have responsibility for a wide range of scientific research activities, with a primary focus on designing, leading, conducting, and advising applications of biostatistic and psychometric models to COA data. Responsibilities include proposal, analysis plan, report, manuscript, and regulatory briefing package development in collaboration with psychometric teams.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of leading and conducting COA-based validation and analysis studies, be proficient in linear and generalized linear (mixed) models as well as classical test theory (note that proficiency with modern psychometric methods [not Rasch] is beneficial. Experience with survival or time-to-event models is appreciated. Candidates will span our cross-functional teams, including partnership with the qualitative group engaged in endpoint development activities.
Deliverables will include:
- Study protocols (in whole or via contributions)
- Analysis plans (both regulatory and non-regulatory bound)
- Study designs
- Analysis and validation evidence
- Technical reports & briefing package submissions
- Responses to regulatory reviewers
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s/Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Psychometrics, or Quantitative psychology/Epidemiology, or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proactive, efficient, and responsive to shifting priorities in a team-based research consultancy setting to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; including the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials.
- Proficiency/Fluency/Mastery in at least one of the following programming languages (including the generation of macros/functions to automate production of formatted output): R, SAS, MATLAB
- For Modern Psychometrics (not required): FlexMIRT, MIRT, Mplus, or similar packages capable of fitting generalized linear latent variable models via marginal maximum likelihood
- Demonstrated track record in the field of Patient-Centered Outcomes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Careersus@pharmerit.com with the position title “Senior Scientist, Psychometric – Patient Centered Outcomes (US)” in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.