OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
OPEN Health Values
We embrace and respect our different perspective and strengths
We nurture an open, caring and collaborative community
We support, encourage and empower the team and the individual
We love what we do, because it really matters
We inspire our clients and one another with our passion and proficiency
We do things the right way, with pride and integrity
We drive innovation through curiousity and resourcefulness
We constantly endeavor to find opportunities to excel
We learn from experience and strive for brilliance in everything we do
You will love this role if you:
- Believe words matter and put that into practice with all you do
- Believe the patient should be at the center of decision making
- Love understanding the science of research but thrive in making that research clear, concise and compelling to diverse patient audiences
- Feel a sense of accomplishment when a project is executed on time and within budget
- Thrive in a dynamic and client-focused consultancy environment
- Are a natural team player able to work individually or in a team setting
You will be a success if you:
- Have worked in translating science into everyday language that compels, motivates and influences target audiences
- Have experience developing content that delight clients or sponsors
- Are comfortable engaging with diverse stakeholders including external partners
- Are an independent, confident, self-starter
- Understand the project lifecycle from award to completion
- Have experience in UX and visual/digital frameworks as part of the patient content development process
The Senior Patient Engagement Content Copy Writer will champion patient centricity, creativity and the writing function with Patient Centered Outcomes and Patient Engagement and across Evidence and Access (E &A) and OPEN Health. The Senior Writer will engage with clients from RFP response to project close out and bring a well-honed patient writing perspective to the role.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate interest in health science and the use of written content to facilitate the communication of complex scientific information to diverse audiences that engage, educate, inform and empower patients and their communities.
- Challenge and guide clients to the best project framework to achieve objectives but deepen and maintain client delight
- Foster knowledge sharing and professional development across patient engagement and PCO team for more junior staff
- Serve as an internal and external ambassador for OPEN Health values
- Take an active role in patient engagement planning internally
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the creative strategy behind allocated brand/disease areas, taking an active role in the continued growth of the PCO/PE team
- Support Patient Copy Lead as directed
What you’ll bring:
- 7+years of experience developing patient centric content in a consultancy, communications or nonprofit environment
- Bachelors’ degree or communications or journalism or relevant field. Advanced degrees are appreciated
- Strong ability to translate scientific content into more consumer focused content
- Proactive, efficient, and responsive to shifting priorities in a team-based research consultancy setting to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; including the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials.
- Excellent knowledge of common statistical techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate with a multi-disciplinary project team and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of digital platforms and outreach and UX fundamentals is appreciated
Reasons to join OPEN Health
People are at the heart of our business. Without our incredibly talented people we couldn’t offer our clients the world-class service they have come to expect. We know how important it is to support, develop, reward and encourage.
See more reasons to join us »
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title “Senior Patient Engagement Content Copy Writer” in the subject line. OPEN Health provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.