Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company invites interested researchers to work with us to lead our Shanghai, China office. Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (www.pharmerit.com) is a global, best-in-class HEOR and market access agency with offices in Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York and Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). We conduct health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) and provide strategic market access (SMA) services to inform local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of healthcare. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
As an integral part of our global development, we are seeking an entrepreneurial consulting professional to be a primary resource in China as part of our Asia Pacific (AP) efforts. This China based (Shanghai) Scientist/Research Consultant will report to the China/AP regional lead and work closely with senior colleagues and researchers across the company.
This role will expand and strengthen our core business offerings in the China market. The ideal candidate desires to continue a strong career in HEOR consulting in a position where individual efforts will directly impact the growth of the organization. Exceptional research skills, individual initiative and independence to thrive in a virtual team environment paired with stellar communication, superior project and account management expertise and the ability to pivot from strategic to tactical responsibilities are key competencies for the successful candidate. This role may be at the Senior Scientist/Senior Research Consultant based on experience.
Major responsibilities may include:
- Implement research projects (e.g., develop study protocols and analysis plans, develop health economic models, create and/or review/approve project deliverables or other assignments)
- Manage work and project teams independently
- Respond to proposals and business development opportunities
- Communicate and align closely with other country offices and the AP regional lead including regular, conclusive and timely reporting
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in HEOR, market access, public health, or clinical studies with a consulting or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, motivation, and independence to include the ability to self-start and self-teach
- Master’s Degree or PhD in relevant field (e.g., Health economics/Pharmacoeconomics, Pharmacy, Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology/ Pharmacoepidemiology, Biostatistics, Economics/Econometrics)
- Special consideration will be given to the candidates with experience in economic modeling, analyzing real-world data and/or clinical trial data from an HEOR perspective (i.e., resource use, costing, PROs), and primary data collection
- Experience in developing or adapting models to inform market access decisions
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills to include the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials
- Experience identifying potential sources of bias/error within data and knowledge of methods to statistically adjust as needed is highly preferred
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within Pharmerit and with external stakeholders
- Proactive, responsive and able to balance shifting priorities and ensuring that promises are kept, and expectations are exceeded
- Proficiency in Chinese and English in written and verbal communications is required
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—SMA, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach by merging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
What we offer:
Working at Pharmerit means working in a dynamic, international environment with a diverse and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team. We offer a competitive salary and total reward package. As a researcher at Pharmerit, you will have the opportunity to develop and make a tangible difference in the growth of the organization. We place importance on flexibility, freedom of thought and responsibilities to ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
To apply please send a letter of interest and current CV to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with a current resume and cover letter and Scientist/Research Consultant in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.