Due to the continued growth of our global consultancy, Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is seeking a Research Consultant – Preference Research, to join our Patient-Centered Outcomes (PCO) team in our Rotterdam (NL), Oxford (UK), York (UK) or Berlin (DE) office. Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture, focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
As a Preference Research Consultant at Pharmerit, you will be an essential contributor working across a range of projects with ownership of specific deliverables and timelines. These projects are conducted for our clients who are primarily pharmaceutical companies. Our preference work contributes to our clients’ understanding of which attributes (characteristics) play a key role in patients desiring, adopting or adhering to a new treatment. Patient-centricity is what we strive for.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, innovative, flexible and wants to be a strategic partner for our clients. The responsibilities of a Preference Research Consultant may include:
- Provide key contributions to project deliverables and completion of innovative projects
- Perform data management, including data quality assurance, with experience identifying potential sources of bias/error and knowledge of methods to adjust as needed
- Develop data interpretation materials (i.e., training slides, workshop presentations) and publications
- Respond to RFPs and other business development opportunities
- Develop budget and project timelines
Preference research specific:
- Bring forth expertise in techniques such as discrete choice experiments (DCE), best-worst scaling (BWS) and time-trade-off (TTO)
- Online survey design
- Desk research and qualitative interviews
- Choice data modeling
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- An MSc degree or PhD in a relevant science, for example in Health Economics (and Decision Science), Health Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, Public Health or any other related sciences
- 3+ years’ experience of psychometric research in a consulting or Patient-Reported Outcomes organization
- Prior consulting experience in health outcomes research
- Strong working proficiency in statistical software (e.g., SAS, Stata, R)
- Study design experience with dedicated software packages (e.g., Ngene)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in a consulting environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Documented experience in quality of life research
- Strong English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Bonus: Relevant knowledge of structured equation modeling, item response theory or item banking
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—Strategic Market Access, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach bymerging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersEU@pharmerit.com with Research Consultant PCO and the preferred office location in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.