OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
OPEN Health Values
We embrace and respect our different perspective and strengths
We nurture an open, caring and collaborative community
We support, encourage and empower the team and the individual
We love what we do, because it really matters
We inspire our clients and one another with our passion and proficiency
We do things the right way, with pride and integrity
We drive innovation through curiousity and resourcefulness
We constantly endeavor to find opportunities to excel
We learn from experience and strive for brilliance in everything we do
You will love this role if you:
- Are committed to exceptional PCO projects and can pivot from the strategic to hands on
- Derive a sense of accomplishment when a study is executed on time and within budget
- Understand the relevance of measuring the right patient outcomes and patient experience
- Believe time spent on data analysis and programming is time well spent
- Enjoy partnering with clients in advancing evidence-based decision-making, increasing access to healthcare
- Want to have a tangible impact on the growth of OPEN Health
- Thrive in a changing work environment and culture of knowledge sharing
You will be a success if you:
- Have experience with qualitative and quantitative methods for preference elicitation, such as discrete choice experiments (DCEs), best-worst-scaling (BWS), and multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA)
- Have experience with survey design, quantitative methods for survey analysis, clinical trial analyses e.g., linear mixed models, missing data techniques for analyzing patient-reported outcomes (PROs) as well as health care resource use data
- Have created efficient designs for DCEs
- Have worked in partnering with qualitative teams
- Design, execute, and communicate PCO projects that delight clients and deepen the relationship
The Research Consultant will have responsibility for a wide range of scientific research activities, with a primary focus on designing, leading, and conducting the quantitative components of preference research, as well as of patient experience surveys. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of conducting preference studies. Candidates will span our cross-functional teams, including partnership with the qualitative group engaged in endpoint development activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and develop drafts of proposals, study protocols, analysis plans (both regulatory and non-regulatory bound), technical reports, and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Develop statistical study designs for surveys and discrete choice experiments
- Develop patient experience surveys
- Conduct statistical analysis of preference studies
- Conduct quality control, such as peer review of programming code.
What you will bring:
- Master’s/Doctoral degree in Health economics, Economics, Econometrics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Psychometrics, or Quantitative psychology/Epidemiology, or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proactive, efficient, and responsive to shifting priorities in a team-based research consultancy setting to ensure expectations are exceeded
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; including the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials
- Demonstrated track record in the field of Patient-Centered Outcomes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with SAS, R, MATLAB, or Stata (or similar statistical package)
- Experience with creating efficient designs, using software such as Ngene.
- Familiarity with survey or vignette development to understand patient outcomes and preferences.
- Experience in stated preference surveys outside of health care is also considered relevant.
Reasons to join OPEN Health
People are at the heart of our business. Without our incredibly talented people we couldn’t offer our clients the world-class service they have come to expect. We know how important it is to support, develop, reward and encourage.
See more reasons to join us »
How to Apply:
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply directly via our website: Careers | OPEN Health Evidence & Access (pharmerit.com) or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org