OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
OPEN Health Values
We embrace and respect our different perspective and strengths
We nurture an open, caring and collaborative community
We support, encourage and empower the team and the individual
We love what we do, because it really matters
We inspire our clients and one another with our passion and proficiency
We do things the right way, with pride and integrity
We drive innovation through curiousity and resourcefulness
We constantly endeavor to find opportunities to excel
We learn from experience and strive for brilliance in everything we do
Due to the continued growth of our global consultancy, OPEN Health is seeking an accomplished Research Consultant, Meta-Analysis/Indirect Treatment Comparison to join one of our global locations. OPEN Health enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
As a meta-analysis expert at OPEN Health, you will be responsible for supervising and delivering high quality evidence synthesis projects to clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry and will have an essential role in exceptional project execution. Projects may range from systematic reviews, data analytics, decision analytic modelling to value demonstration and reimbursement dossier submissions.
The Responsibilities of the Meta-Analysis expert include:
- Design and implement multiple indirect treatment comparison projects and corresponding feasibility assessments
- Provide input/advise in the design of systematic review data collection to ensure all data required for an indirect treatment comparison is available
- Provide input/advise and execute outcomes research projects, including comparative effectiveness research, analysis of clinical trial data for economic models. These analyses may include predictive modelling, survival curve fitting and utility analyses.
- Set internal quality standards
- Develop, implement and maintain internal processes
- Teach & train colleagues
- Provide input for proposals
- Showcase outcomes research and meta-analytic capabilities to clients/prospects
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the field
- Disseminate and integrate new methods in the business
Desired skills and experience:
- MSc degree in (medical) statistics, epidemiology, econometrics (or equivalent, e.g. technical medicine
- Excellent knowledge of pair-wise and network meta-analysis and population adjusted indirect comparisons
- ≥3 years of experience in conduct of (network) meta-analysis and/or indirect comparisons
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within OPEN Health and with external stakeholders
- Experience in Data Analytics
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to question the status quo
- Proficient in R and WinBUGS (or equivalent MCMC simulation software)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to teach
OPEN Health is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—SMA, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
What we offer:
Working at OPEN Health means working in a dynamic, international environment with a diverse and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team. We offer a competitive salary and total reward package. As a researcher at OPEN Health, you will have the opportunity to develop and make a tangible difference in the growth of the organization. We place importance on flexibility, freedom of thought, and responsibilities to ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
Please send your CV and cover letter with Statistician with experience in Meta-Analysis and the preferred location in the subject line to email@example.com.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to OPEN Health and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants