Bring your scientific rigor and focus on client satisfaction to our Patient-Centered Outcomes Center of Excellence (COE).
We are seeking an accomplished and experienced Qualitative Researcher to join Pharmerit at this pivotal time as we merge with Open Health creating a dynamic global consultancy. The level of the role will be determined by the candidate experience and may be based in any of the US office locations or remotely.
Working within our Patient-Centered Outcomes Center of Excellence (CoE), the successful candidate will guide the execution of projects related to the collection and analysis of patient-centered data through development of clinical outcome assessment (COA) questionnaires, survey implementation, and/or qualitative interviews to support the evaluation of therapeutics.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of scientific research activities, with a primary focus on qualitative research activities. Responsibilities include internally leading teams in developing and performing targeted or systematic review of medical literature (most frequently focusing on patient-centered outcome endpoints), qualitative interviewing, coding, analysis, and reporting. In addition, the position may entail preparation for, support of, and participation in direct interaction with the FDA. Moreover, the ideal candidate will be comfortable conducting research project management in partnership with a project director and span our cross-functional psychometric validation teams.
The ideal candidate has proven experience conducting patient-centered outcomes studies and research, background in study design and methodology, an attention to detail, solid communication and interpersonal skills and is focused on progressive career growth in a consulting environment.
Major Responsibilities may include:
- Lead project from RFP through completion partnering with the Pharmerit team and sponsors
- Manage vendor and third-party relationships to ensure sponsor satisfaction.
- Create and/or manage/lead creation of project deliverables or other assignments including study proposals, protocols, interview guides, reports, and study slides.
- Conduct qualitative interviews including concept elicitation and cognitive debriefing in support of COA instrument development and evaluation.
- Note, although travel is currently restricted for our team due to COVID-19, under normal circumstances interview activities may require travel (up to approximately 10% or ~2 days per month).
- Use qualitative analysis software to code and categorize key themes captured within qualitative interview transcript
- For more experienced candidates:
- Recommend Pharmerit services and position research team as subject matter experts
- Leverage existing industry relationships to advance business opportunities for the CoE and network to drive new business opportunities
Qualifications/requirements for the Scientist role:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Health Services Research, Pharmaceutical and/or Health Outcomes, Public Health, Epidemiology, Medical Anthropology/Sociology, Pharmacoeconomics,Psychology or a relevant field with at least 4 years of experience
- Experience with qualitative data collection methods (individual interviewing, focus group facilitation, etc.) and analysis software (such as ATLAS.ti, Dedoose, or NVivo).
- Ability to develop and lead project/study protocols and manage teams in study execution
- Knowledge of ethical and regulatory requirements for studies with human subjects.
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proactive, efficient, and responsive to shifting priorities in a team-based research consultancy setting to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; including the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials.
- Foster knowledge sharing and serve as ambassador for company values
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access), with an emphasis on strong Excel proficiency.
- Exceptional presentation skills, demonstrating strong analytical and organizational skills to present relevant summaries of complex materials. Active publication history and commitment to continue publications
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Careersus@pharmerit.com with the position title “Qualitative Researcher- PCO” in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.