OPEN Health is a family of expert practices working in partnership to drive positive change in medical communications and market access, globally. Our journey began with a vision to improve the lives of patients worldwide. This vision has become a reality with the integration of experts from Pharmerit and Peloton Advantage to create a new unique entity equipped to be a global leader in HEOR, market access, advertising, medical communications, and digital services. Together, we have grown to over 700 people in 15 locations across 6 countries including the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, India and China.
What makes us unique is our deeply integrated practices that work collaboratively to bring the strategic and technical expertise needed to be a solid partner to our clients. Combined with our broad scope of therapeutic expertise, we produce results and solutions that are of the highest quality. OPEN Health prides itself on having a highly skilled, diverse and connected team working across the globe to deliver truly innovative and best-in-class solutions. This has resulted in long-term, flexible partnerships that span across multiple brands and therapy areas.
We take responsibility for our work, conduct and environment
We actively seek to collaborate and become part of the client team
We pride ourselves on high standards and expect them from each other
We challenge convention and constantly find innovative solutions
You will love this role if you:
- Have an organized mindset and an affinity for HR operations
- Are drawn to supporting your organization through delivery of accurate payroll and benefits administration
- Want to contribute to a global team and have a tangible impact on the growth of Open Health
- Thrive in a changing work world and have a can-do orientation and a strong sense of ownership
- Put people first with a do what’s right work ethic
You will be a success if you:
- Have overseen multi state payroll with an eye to accuracy and deadlines
- Possess a well-developed understanding of tax law, worker’s compensation and other relevant laws and regulations
- Work independently but can support larger HR and Finance organizations
- Bring hands on experience in a growing team with multiple geographic and remote locations
- Have managed broker and vendor relationships ensuring benefits are competitive and up to date
- Have strong mastery of multiple time keeping and payroll systems
- Process, review, and balance bi-weekly payroll across the US Evidence and Access and Communication’s practices ensuring payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay &/or company liability
- Review and submit after final approval biweekly payroll run including employee changes to salary, benefits and other compensation and complying with all internal SOX controls, including the review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations related to payroll for posting into ERP system.
- Manage and analyze current payroll procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Manage payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Partner with global and US Operations to ensure benefits are up to date, competitive and cost effective
- Participate in special projects as assigned such as documenting workflows, registering in new states for payroll taxation, improving processes/procedures and system implementations.
- Direct, review and approve 401K contributions/loans to 3rd party administrator. Additionally, understand employer match and calculate true-up at year end
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions)
- Prepare and/or ensure completion of annual payroll related tax filings including 1099’s, W-2’s.
- Manage annual open enrollment processes and support new hires with payroll information
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of payroll and benefits experience
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to lead by influence and gain trust of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal and State employment law relating to recruitment, screening, background checks and selection.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with utmost integrity.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word; etc.) and payroll and accounting systems
- Able to manage a high demand workload and pace.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Careersus@pharmerit.com with the position title “Payroll and Benefits Manager (US)” in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.