OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
OPEN Health: Established as many. United as one.
OPEN Health Values
We embrace and respect our different perspective and strengths
We nurure and open, caring, collaborative community
We support, encourage and empower the team and the individual
We love what we do, because it really matters
We inspire our clients and one another with our passion and proficiency
We do things the right way, with pride and integrity
We drive innovation through curiousity and resourcefulness
We constantly endeavor to find opportunities to excel
We learn from experience and strive for brilliance in everything we do
You will love this role if you:
- Are looking for a move into Global Business Development Leadership
- Love seeking out and developing business opportunities with Biosciences clients.
- Are an ‘account management’ champion and thrive on developing and implementing strategic plans and being recognized for the results that you achieve as a result.
- Bring a collaborative and solutions focused orientation to business development and in working with key stakeholders.
- Want to be part of a global team and have a tangible impact on the growth of OPEN Health.
- Thrive in a changing work world and have a can-do attitude and a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Have a deep affinity for learning and communicating novel advances in methodologies across our Centers of Excellence to our clients.
- Have a clear understanding of the current and evolving market dynamics and how this translates to the needs of our clients.
- Put people first with a do what’s right ethic.
You will be a success if you:
- Have documented success in driving sales vs. target through a strategic account management approach to build and grow thriving business relationships within the Biosciences sector.
- Understand what it takes to create and move opportunities to ‘award’ with clear win strategies through true partnership working with our clients and our scientific & consulting staff.
- Have overseen the organic growth of existing accounts and what is needed to lead this growth into a more strategic and planned direction to build and enable new visible business in target accounts.
- Possess a keen understanding of the scientific research expertise of the Open Health Evidence & Access Centers of Excellence.
- Understand the changing landscape of biotech, device and pharma industries, the competitive landscape and how to mobilize key differentiators and USPs.
- Have a professional and confident approach with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and an outstanding attention to the details that make the difference.
- Lead the US implementation and delivery of the Global Evidence & Access Business Development Strategic plan which may include leading, coaching & managing a growing US based Business Development team as we continue our growth
- Full ownership and expected delivery of Global Sales Targets for defined target accounts.
- Lead the development & implementation of agreed Global Strategic Account Plans with Multi-disciplinary account teams, covering all aspects of Strategic Account Management & Governance to meet agreed quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Identify, contact and consult with key client decision makers & influencers to secure, develop and win new opportunities and research strategies aligned with our Evidence & Access Centers of Excellence expertise. Serve as the client point of contact to resolve issues and ensure proactive steps to maintain partnerships.
- Develop and enhance on cross OPEN Health practice/multi-opportunity pitches & offers, identifying programs of work within target accounts.
- Support E&A practice with required client insight to support pitch development, RFIs/Qs, RFP responses, proposal development and win strategies along with any other responses to provide a professional Global Business Development service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review market trends to determine and anticipate client needs and communicate changing market dynamics that influence sales including pipelines, Mergers & Acquisitions and any competitor changes that may require the Evidence & Access practice to evolve our own services.
- Travel to conferences, client meetings and other events to position OPEN Health and the Evidence & Access practice as an industry leader.
- Capture, track, and report on progress to plan within required systems & follow Evidence & Access documented processes.
What you’ll bring:
- BA, BS, MS., Ph.D., Pharm.D., MD, MPH, or relevant advanced education with experience in HEOR, RWE and Market Access consulting & research services selling.
- Experience of sales and BD in biopharma (preferably), but also biotech and med tech sectors.
- Documented success in meeting and/or exceeding sales targets through implementing a Strategic Account Management approach.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Clear Business Development leadership with strong collaboration and partnership working with key internal and external stakeholders. You are able to lead by gaining trust and building relationships to appropriately influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and balance role workload and demand that aligns to the delivery of agreed targets and plans.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook) and has experience of effectively utilizing CRM platforms to support and inform data analytics and approaches required to achieve Business Development growth and success.
Reasons to join OPEN Health
People are at the heart of our business. Without our incredibly talented people we couldn’t offer our clients the world-class service they have come to expect. We know how important it is to support, develop, reward and encourage.
See more reasons to join us »
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Careersus@pharmerit.com with the position title “Global Business Development Director (US Lead)” in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.