Due to our continued growth, Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is seeking an exceptional Director of Site Recruitment and Project Management to support our global Patient-Centered Outcomes (PCO) research team. Reporting to the Global PCO Chair, this newly created role may be based in the Bethesda, New York, or Boston locations but a remote location can be considered for strong candidates. Working within our PCO Center of Excellence (CoE), the successful candidate will partner with other organizational leaders to operationalize the site recruitment and management of qualitative and quantitative research programs focused on development of clinical outcome assessment (COA) questionnaires, survey implementation, and/or qualitative interviews supporting the evaluation of disease burden and treatment impact.
The successful candidate will collaborate with project directors to identify potential research partners for site recruitment and data collection management, optimize in-house capabilities for site recruitment and management, and establish best practices for project management and client deliverables. In this hands-on role the Director will serve as project manager on larger projects as well as mentor current scientific staff on project management competencies, with the potential to build out a future team. The Director will have a strong strategic voice in creating long-term partnerships with various third-party vendors, CROs, sites, and recruiting organizations.
The ideal candidate has proven experience conducting site recruitment and project management for non-interventional studies, background in study design and methodology, an attention to detail, solid communication, and interpersonal skills, and is focused on progressive career growth in a evolving global consulting environment.
- Direct/manage projects including coordinating site management, taking overall responsibility for efficient and high-quality project management.
- Ensure projects are managed on time and on budget to required quality standards and customer contractual requirements.
- Identify and manage relationships with third-party vendors and CROs to recommend the right partner or potential partners to ensure sponsor satisfaction and project progress/completion.
- Manage project financial reporting, in coordination with internal financial team
- Contribute innovative ideas and best practices through leadership meetings which advance the strategic direction of the CoE and Pharmerit.
- Lead project management mentorship and training to the PCO CoE
- Serve as the primary escalation point for Global Project Management team and guide client communications as necessary.
- Select, train, development, and oversee professional growth/performance of current and future team in site recruitment and project management.
- Support meeting Pharmerit’s growth and annual revenue and performance targets in operational management, leadership, and team building of the PCO team.
- Participate in the RFP/bid process as directed.
- Partner with project teams in preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up after internal and external quality audits.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in relevant field is highly preferred, with at least 5 years’ experience in project management in a Pharma-facing setting.
- Experience in study start up including site initiation (IRB/IEC, regulatory bodies, contracting etc) in the US and globally.
- Documented success working in pharmaceutical project management within international clinical trial or real-world evidence (RWE)/PCO studies.
- Significant experience with implementation and use of project management systems within a CRO or Pharma environment.
- Highly developed knowledge of structure and function of the US and global healthcare environments with experience in global project delivery.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry relating to product development, approval, marketing, and lifecycle management.
- Good clinical knowledge and experience across a range of specialties.
- Knowledge of ethical and regulatory requirements for studies with human subjects.
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Effective negotiation skills.
- An accomplished leader, with the ability to build collaborative high-performing teams.
- Excellent time management and project management skills, as well as an ability to develop these qualities in others.
- Proactive self-starter with a keen sense of ownership
- Leads by example and able to develop high functioning teams in a matrixed environment
- IT literate – working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint essential.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, Dynamics CRM highly preferred.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence — Strategic Market Access, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics — we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach bymerging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with Director, PCO Study Operations and the preferred office location in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.