Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company invites entrepreneurs to work with us to lead our Shanghai, China office. Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (www.pharmerit.com) is a global, best-in-class HEOR and market access agency with offices in Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York and Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). We conduct health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) and provide strategic market access (SMA) services to inform local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of healthcare. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
As an integral part of our global development, we are seeking an entrepreneurial consulting professional to be a primary leader in China as part of our Asia Pacific (AP) efforts. Reporting to the AP regional lead and working closely with senior colleagues and researchers across the company, the Director/Lead will bring the drive, vision and creative energy to strengthen and grow the China market. This China based role will leverage a strong entrepreneurial mindset with a key focus on the advancement of the Pharmerit brand. With a mission to expand and strengthen our core business offerings within the China market. The ideal candidate desires to continue a strong career in HEOR/SMA consulting in a position where individual efforts will directly impact the growth of the organization. Exceptional leadership skills, individual initiative paired with stellar communication and team development, innate business acumen and the ability to pivot from strategic to tactical responsibilities are key competencies for the successful candidate.
- Develop business strategy and planning to meet and exceed company China revenue goals including RFP response and client development
- Communicate and align closely with other offices and the AP regional lead including regular, conclusive and timely reporting
- Ensure full legal, regulatory and ethical compliance in the conduct of business at all times and under all circumstances
- Lead and manage projects as project director or officer
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate and supervise the work of the assigned team by providing guidance and motivation to drive performance
- Identify and lead the pursuit of the targeted new business and expansion opportunities
- Serve as internal subject matter expert (SME) on the China market
- Manage activities and take leadership of the China office
- Proven in-depth understanding of the Chinese healthcare system and marketplace
- 5+ years HEOR and/or market access consulting experience in China/Global is highly preferred
- Passionate performer who has entrepreneurial spirit and embodies the Pharmerit brand values (loyal, solid, sharp, straightforward, and challenging)
- Demonstrated success in business planning and development and meeting/exceeding BD and revenue goals
- Experience in leading a team to achieve business and project goals as well as managing team performance
- Effectively managing client interactions to ensure client satisfaction
- PhD and/or Master degree in relevant field (e.g., Health economics / Pharmacoeconomics, Business, Health Services Research, Pharmacy, Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology/ Pharmacoepidemiology, Biostatistics, Economics/Econometrics)
- Proficiency in Chinese and English in written and verbal communications is required
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with external stakeholders
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—SMA, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach by merging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
What we offer:
Working at Pharmerit means working in a dynamic, international environment with a diverse and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team. We offer a competitive salary and total reward package. As a researcher at Pharmerit, you will have the opportunity to develop and make a tangible difference in the growth of the organization. We place importance on flexibility, freedom of thought and responsibilities to ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
To apply please send a letter of interest and current CV to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with a current resume and cover letter and Director/Senior Director/China Lead in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.