Pharmerit, an Open Health Company is in an exciting period of growth and development. With this growth comes the opportunity to bring your editorial acumen and experience in HEOR to the forefront. In a newly created role, we are seeking an accomplished Copy Editor, based in our US (Bethesda, New York, or Boston) or European (York, Oxford, Rotterdam, Berlin) locations but a remote location can be considered for strong candidates. Within our Strategic Market Access (SMA) Center of Excellence (CoE), the successful candidate will work collaboratively across the global organization with responsibility for quality control of a wide range of scientific research activities, including providing editorial support (e.g., copy editing, document formatting, ensuring adherence to style guides) and reviewing materials such as value dossiers, presentations, reports, and proposals. This role is a key contributor to exceptional client project delivery.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in market access and HEOR; exceptional communication, copy editing, and interpersonal skills; and is focused on progressive career growth in a consulting environment.
Major responsibilities include:
- Perform editorial quality check for assigned deliverables of market access and HEOR projects, such as value dossiers, literature review reports, strategy slide decks, and health technology assessment (HTA) dossiers (e.g., NICE, EUnetHTA), technical reports, technical PowerPoint decks
- Perform all editorial functions for assigned projects from conception through publication/presentation (e.g., proofreading, medical editing, fact/reference checking, formatting, submission preparation, EndNote bibliography generation)
- Manage the daily editorial workload for assigned accounts (i.e., publication plans encompassing journal articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, PowerPoint decks)
- Manage editorial timelines across several accounts and prioritize work as necessary to meet multiple objectives
- Apply client policy regarding annotations, citations, and preparation for medical/legal team review, or create internal policy in absence of client policy
- Liaise/train with consultants, medical writers, and authors to ensure editorial integrity and adherence to Good Publication Practice (GPP)
- Assist with the editorial review of new business proposals, company biographies, and various other internal documents
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years’ editorial experience in medical communications, preferably in the field of market access/HEOR
- Master’s Degree in any relevant life science, Public Health, or Pharmacy/Medical field is highly preferred. Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree
- Excellent command of the English language and ability to adapt editing style to different materials, target audiences and therapy areas
- Demonstrate editorial skills across a range of core tasks including:
- Top-line proofreading/quality control checks (e.g., assessing for consistency, spelling, and grammar)
- In-depth editing (i.e., thorough structural review and assessment of clarity for target audience)
- An eye for design and layout (e.g., checking content, design, consistency of colors versus original copy, ensuring multiple materials align consistently to the client branding guidelines)
- Ability to apply core editorial skills across a variety of written and electronic materials including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, manuscripts, proposals/pitch presentations, marketing materials, websites, and printed artwork materials
- Strong project management and organizational skills with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant industry guidelines, including publication industry guidelines such as GPP and various reporting guidelines (e.g. CONSORT, PRISMA)
- Advanced proficiency in reference management software (e.g., EndNote)
- Proactive, responsive, and able to balance shifting priorities and ensure that deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within Pharmerit and with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication ability, both verbally and in writing
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and PubMed/Web searching
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—Strategic Market Access, Modeling and Meta-Analysis, Patient-Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence and Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit – an OPEN Health Company is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach by merging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, RWE, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with Copy Editor SMA in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.